Dedicated to quality.newest techniques/trends.
Since 1995 Claire Walters (also known as eMCWebdesign.com) has been committed to her clients – keeping up with the newest and most innovative techniques.
She is devoted to perfection & obsessed with quality.
In high school my favorite classes were photography, art class & architecture. The planning & creating was exciting to me.
Then during the early 1980’s I attended the School of Visual Arts (NYC) – to study marketing, advertising, illustration & graphics. MTV was just getting started. Andy Warhol had exhibits at the school & I attended Keith Haring’s first gallery opening. The exposure of the arts during this time was fascinating! I’ve added a few images of pieces from my portfolio. (see art portfolio)
During the early 1990’s I did PC tech support with AOL (America Online). During that time I also worked along with local internet providers setting up BBS’s. (with a 1200baud modem!) This led me to writing the BBS FAQ. A copy of it can still be found on thebbs.org.
Having this background has given me the ability to work with clients in various projects over the years. I’m able to bring strong planning, strategy & design skills to your project – keeping up with the trending markets.
I invite you to explore my portfolio and services. Challenge me with your next project.
I am self employed working hard to bring your project to life! You will not find your typical corporate office. Instead, I work out of my home office forming a personal relationship with each client – devoted to your goals.
I am dedicated to providing a variety of design & IT related services — giving individuals, groups, and companies a powerful web presence. I will work with the client at a personal level in order to custom fit your project to suit your needs.
Self Employed: Since 1995 I have built good relationships with many clients. Below are some of the skills I bring to those clients to complete their projects.
- Graphic design: logos, t-shirts, advertisement layout, business cards, brochures, catalog design/layout, flyers.
- Web: layout/design, web maintenance, WordPress, updates to new/ existing web site.
- social networking: I have been working with clients to develop social networking strategies. manage Facebook pages, Twitter, Google plus or Pinterest sites.
- SEO – search engine optimization.
- organization & details: spreadsheet management, Cloud setup,
- Event planning: Have setup & coordinated large events, dinner auctions & multiple day conference events.
- Customer service
- Retail sales experience.
- Detail oriented. Extremely organized.
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn; eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate new concepts.
- Communication skills (listening, verbal & written)
- Proven leadership; with ability to maintain a productive environment and can confidently motivate, mobilize, and coach a team of workers.
- Flexibility/Adaptability/Managing Multiple Tasks.
- Advanced computer skills; internet, social networking, Excel, Word for Windows. WordPress. Photoshop.
Other work experience (past)
Aside from current clients I have worked with pro athletes; Kris Benson (baseball player) & John Ruiz (former Heavy weight boxer). Bob Trieger / Full Court Press. Paws Here Doggy Day Care – Revere, MA. Dave Olsen Artwork – Boston, MA. Northstar Locksmith – Atlanta, GA. Created logo and coordinated annual conventions for Georgia Carry.org. Other misc; DJ services, Landscaping services
1997 – April 2002: Sportsworld Inc. Everett, MA. Full time store manager for 4.5 yrs. Job duties: Web design & maintenance, computer maintenance, sales, catalog design for their frequent online/phone auctions & advertisement layout/designing.
- Managed retail store.
- Created & managed live & phone auctions.
- Managed live events (autograph signings) with professional sports players.
- Attended & setup at vendors shows.
1996: worked for OBS Publishing (Rockport, MA) as a freelance designer/web editor.
1995: sales/management at MVP Sports
1991-1994: Claire was a technical consultant for AOL™
1993: Author; BBS FAQ – Technical documentation explaining how to setup a BBS.
Other experiences include; shareware design, software testing, and technical writing.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny compared to what lies within us” ~ EMERSON
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” Albert Einstein